When a resource is in the process of evaluation for a job, recruiters look for a skill match from both under Qualified and overqualified candidate.
It’s not uncommon for HR professionals and hiring managers to be looking for candidates who have the right level of experience.
Fair or not, candidates with too little experience might need extensive training to get up to speed. A candidate who has too much experience could become bored quickly and leave the job, or fall below the salary range.
How can you avoid looking overqualified candidate for the job?
These tips from Akscellence can help you improve your candidacy and make yourself the perfect candidate for every job.
- Consider removing education and experience that could automatically put you in contention. Focus on the aspects of your work history that are in line with the requirements for the job.
- Switching to a targeted format for your resume is advisable if you have worked long hours or are not able to keep your job. This resume format minimizes the importance of dates of employment by emphasizing your skills and experience as they relate to the job.
Apply Relevant Jobs:
- Only apply for jobs that you are a good fit. You should not be overqualified candidate for the job. A candidate for an entry-level position as an executive seems desperate and will most likely be rejected.
- Your cover letter should explain why you are the best candidate. It’s important to make it clear that this job is not for you. Describe how the role will challenge you and allow you to grow.
In the interview:
- Prepare to answer questions about tenure, pay, challenge and salary. This issue will be addressed head-on by a skilled interviewer. Be prepared to answer the following questions:
- How can you keep motivated? Explain that enthusiasm and a desire to learn are not enough to make you overqualified. Tell the company that you are interested in mentoring.
- How can we ensure you don’t let us down if there is a better job? You can allay interviewer’s concerns by sharing examples of how your previous positions created growth opportunities.
Are you looking for a job?
Akscellence is a great way to get to work, no matter if you are an “veteran”, or a newcomer to the workforce. We can help you when you register with us:
- Improve your cover letter, resume and interviewing skills
- Opportunities that match your experience level
- Earn money by conducting your own searches
We help Businesses to Grow more, Grow faster, Grow Bigger using Power of Digital Transformation , use of latest IT technologies, Business Analytics, AI & ML etc.
We provide consultancy, technology and outsourcing solution to enable organizations to achieve their business objectives and long-term vision through increased IT efficiency and innovative solutions.