Sitecore analytics gives marketers valuable insight into visitor behavior and activity. Sitecore can also use the data to create personalized experiences.
Sitecore analytics is powered by the Experience Database (xDB) and displays insightful analytics reports. These reports enable marketers to make informed budget decisions, improve user experience, and increase conversions.
Table of Contents
Introduction with Sitecore Analytics
Sitecore Launchpad allows you to access the two most crucial Sitecore analytics apps in the Sitecore Experience Platform
- Experience Analytics
- Experience Profile
Sitecore Experience Analytics measures website visitors’ engagement and pages and asset performance. Sitecore uses the Engagement Value metric to assess the effectiveness of a site’s impact on a visitor’s user journey.
Sitecore goals are given Engagement Value Points (EVP). Goals can be used as a conversion metric. Goals are valued based on their relative importance. The most important goal, such as purchasing a product, is the most valuable and thus has a high EVP. Micro-conversions, such as downloading whitepapers or watching a video, could also be goals. The business objectives and digital goals will determine the goals and the values they are assigned.
Sitecore calculates a value per visit metric based on the average value of each visit. Two visitors can trigger a goal with 100 EVP. The Value per visit would be 100 (200 total EVP/2 visits).
It is crucial to understand how visitors interact with your content. This allows you to make informed decisions about your marketing efforts.
You will make more precise decisions on user journeys, conversion rates, pinch points, campaign performance, budgets, and optimization.
The Experience Analytics dashboard shows a list with several categories. Each category has its Overview. Four tabs allow you to access additional measurements.
The Audience tab allows you to understand the demographics of your visitors. The Audience tab can be broken down into these categories:
- Devices: Displays the devices that access your website
- Languages: Displays the default language and any other languages (if configured).
- Locations: This provides metrics about which countries your visitors come from
- Pattern matches: Displays information about pattern matches based on content cards.
The Acquisition tab gives valuable insight into what drives traffic to your site. This tab will tell you if your marketing channels and campaigns are effective. This tab can be broken down into:
- Channels: Which channels bring in the most traffic to your website? This measurement allows you to see which channels visitors visit your website through.
- Campaigns: All Sitecore campaigns can be tracked in Experience Analytics. You can make adjustments based on their performance by knowing how they performed.
- Campaign facets: These are part of Sitecore’s marketing taxonomies. You can drill down further by applying custom campaign facets for your campaigns.
- Referring websites: From which websites are your visitors entering your site?
The Behavior tab gives insight into the behavior of your website visitors. The following information is displayed in this tab:
- Assets: Categorises downloadable assets by a group like PDFs etc.
- Pages: Shows the most performing exit and entry pages according to URL and item
This tab will show you whether conversions have occurred for visits. This tab displays:
- Goals: Based on the Value per visit metric, the goals dashboard displays the top-performing goals
- Goal facets: These facets can be listed if you have used custom taxonomies for your goals.
- Outcomes are similar to goals but more targeted at B2B. The marketing Control Panel does not allow you to configure Outcomes. Talk to your Sitecore Partner for more information about configuring Outcomes.
Sitecore Experience Profile
You can also access the Experience Profile application from the launchpad. It provides insights into the behavior and activity of website visitors who have filled out a form.
The application is displayed upon entry:
- Value (Latest Visit)
- Value (Total).
- Number of visits
- Visit Duration
- Last interaction
The Overview tab displays information about visitors when you click on their names. This tab displays metrics such as visits, page events, and personalization events.
The Activity tab provides information about:
- Visitors: Page views and events
- Outcomes: The Outcomes achieved
- Campaigns: These are the campaigns that the visitor initiated
- Channels: These are the channels that your visitor entered your site from
- Goals: These are the goals that visitors have set.
- Marketing automation campaigns: The visitor can be part of a marketing automation program.
- Keywords: Internal. Keywords: Internal.
The Profiling tab displays information about pattern matches. This tab allows you to see if the visitor has matched any profiles during their visit and has visited profiled pages.
The Details tab gives general information about the fields you will fill out. This is done by mapping the fields to appear in the Experience Profile.
The information from the xDB can also be synchronized with a CRM. The Experience Profile allows you to anonymize visitors’ profiles and view an overall activity timeline.
Sitecore Analytics doesn’t just cover the Profile and Experience Analytics applications. Sitecore xDB provides robust data. Marketers can identify trends and patterns in various campaigns and optimization activities with the help of detailed reports.
- Marketing Automation Campaigns: You can track behavior using the Marketing Automation app. Automation campaigns are created based on user journeys and goals.
- Email campaigns You can create and track recipient activity in the Email Experience Manager (EXM).
- MV and AB tests: Testing page elements allows you to determine how efficient each one is. You can also test different pages against one another to gain greater insight into the effectiveness of each variant.
- Personalization dashboard: This can be found in the Experience Optimization application. This dashboard shows all personal experiences displayed on the website.
- Path Analyser: See the “paths” your visitors follow through your website
Sitecore analytics gives you the best. Contact our Digital Experience team for assistance in aligning your marketing strategy with Sitecore’s powerful marketing tools.