Business leaders and owners are typically/should be very interested in company culture. According to Deloitte, 88% of employees consider a distinctive workplace culture important for business success.
How can your company create a positive work environment? What does this mean for employee performance and company-wide goals? What does it mean to have “distinct workplace cultures”?
Simply put, company culture refers to a set of core beliefs and values that are embodied in everyday life within an organization.
These beliefs are more successful when they are tangible, such as employee recognition, communication, and access to management. It is important that the company culture originates directly from the employers and reaches all levels of an organization.
Let’s take a closer look at this important topic.
Table of Contents
WHY COMPANY CULTURE IS SO IMPORTANT?
As mentioned above, 88% believe that company culture is important. Now the question is: Why? Employees appreciate core values embedded in their workplace.
It is because employees who feel good and have a positive work environment are more likely to be happy. Team members and managers can trust each other and collaborate more effectively.
- Talent recruitment is key to a strong workforce
- Loyalty is built on job satisfaction and employee retention
- Motivation and dedication can lead to higher productivity rates
- Positive emotions can be achieved by reducing stress
HOW DO IMPROVE COMPANY CULTURE?
You now know how important it can be to build a strong, positive company culture. There are many factors that go into creating a strong company culture.
This takes patience and time and must be led by a leader before it can flow down to all employees. There is work to be done if employees are unable to communicate the company’s culture with their family and friends.
To help create a strong company culture, start with step 1 and move on to step 5.
- These are the three fundamental questions to answer:
(1) Why does this business exist?
(2) What is your passion?
(3) What are we passionate about?
- Look at the culture you have today and make a list of what you need to change.
- Find the right people to fill the gaps in talent and skills.
- You can measure the success of a cultural shift.
- Continually reinforce your core values.
- You must be a leader and speak frequently about the company’s culture. You must always act in line with them.
USE BETTER HIRING PROCESS TO IMPROVE COMPANY CULTURE
The hiring process is key to creating a positive workplace culture that employees love to work for. Employers can identify candidates who will help build your culture and align with your business goals by clearly communicating core values from the beginning, in a job posting, and during interviews.
Contact Akscellence staffing today to help you build the perfect work environment for yourself!